Chabad of the Five Towns has become a center for storm recovery, serving the Five Towns and Far Rockaway and surrounding areas.
• Hundreds of teenaged and adult volunteers are being dispatched to help people clean up their homes, rip out wet carpet and recover from the storm’s aftermath.
• Hundreds of meals delivered to the homebound and seniors.
• Hundreds of blankets and socks have been distributed to those with no heat.
• Door to door canvassing of the neighborhood to assess the needs and addressing them.
• Breakfast, lunch and hot buffet supper are being served daily.
• Ability to charge cell phones, iphones and other electronics.
• Socializing and much needed camaraderie to help the recovery process.
• Home placement for displaced victims of the storm.
• Respite includes social workers, pediatricians who are available for free check- ups and children’s entertainment including clowns, storytelling and distribution of gifts to the children
• Delivery of children’s toys and games to many area families affected by the storm.
PLEASE DONATE NOW